The Presbyterian University College Libraries provide comprehensive access to quality books, magazines, journals, databases, professional educational resources and effective services to support the academic research needs of PUCG students, faculty and staff.
The Presbyterian university libraries include Okwahu Campus Library (the main campus Library), Akuapem Campus Library, Asante Akyem Campus Library, Tema Campus Library and Kumasi Campus Library. There are computers with internet connectivity in all the libraries for research and general use
The Library is open to all students, faculty, staff of the PUCG and the community.
The library’s mission is to select, acquire, process, organize, preserve, interpret and maintain library materials which are suitable to the academic and cultural interest of the University and community therein
During Semester :
- Monday to Friday 8:00am – 9:00pm
- Saturday 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Monday to Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Saturday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Note: The Library does not operate on Sundays and Public Holidays.
All categories of users are expected to register with the library at the Circulation Desk. Some identification eg. An admission Letter, ID card etc. will be required for registering. For students of PUCG, your student ID will serve as your library borrowing. This must be produced before you are allowed to borrow from the library. Registration is valid for the duration of a registered programme. Users who are not members of the University community will be issued with a library card and will be charged an annual registration fee of Gh₵ 10.00. Replacement of lost card will cost Gh₵ 2.00
- Silence should be observed in the library at all time.
- Books consulted in the library should not be returned to the shelves. They should be left on the tables.
- Smoking and eating are forbidden in the library.
- Brief cases, handbags etc should be placed in the pigeon holes provided at the Circulation Desk. A tag will be given as receipt.
- Books borrowed must on no account be passed from reader to reader, but must in all cases be formally returned and re-issued at the Issue Desk.
- Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited. Offenders will be charged on the spot.
- No seat shall be reserved for any reader.
- Books recalled shall be returned within 3 days or a fine shall be imposed.
- All borrowed books should be returned by the last day of each semester. Failure to return all library books at the end of the academic year may result in examinations results being withheld till books are returned.
- All readers using the library must enter through the main entry point and leave through the same point.
- All library materials and equipment must be treated with care. Any damage occurring should be reported at once.